The Pack will be attending Akelaland Cub Scout Summer Camp this year. We will be attending from July 12, 2020, until July 17, 2020. Sign-ups are now closed, but if you did register you have some paperwork to do that needs to be started now! Take a look at the list below and make sure to get it done and handed in to Mr. Hartz by July 1, 2020.
Take special note to the medical forms. These are not the normal medical forms for Scouting events. It requires a doctor’s appointment and signature. MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS NOW!
- Medical Form Parts ABC for your scout and parent that will attend summer camp. This must be completed and handed in. Please do not scan and email it. If you do not have this form you will be sent home from camp and will not be issued a refund! Click here for the form.
- Food and Allergy Form for each participant if needed. Click here for the form.
- Any adult that is not currently registered as a leader will need to complete a BSA Adult Application and complete Youth Protection Training online.
- Click here to download the adult application. When you will this out you will use the position code of 91 and a Scouting Position Title of Scouter Reserve. Please date the form for July 1, 2020.
- Click here for instructions on how to take Youth Protection Training. This training will take about an hour and a half and is done completely online. Once completed, or if you are already trained, please print or email your certificate to Mr. Hartz. I cannot process adult applications without the certificate.
- If any adults plan to fish in the lake while at summer camp they will need a fishing license. You can purchase a tourist license valid for one to seven days for between $26.90 and $34.90 at the Pennsylvania Fishing Licenses website.
Pricing and Deadlines
Due to COVID-19 the council that runs Akelaland has changed some pricing deadlines.
- All families will need to submit a $100/person payment to the Pack by May 20, 2020 at our recruitment night.
- The balance will be due to the Pack by June 22, 2020 at our last den meeting.
The final calculations are in for adult pricing. Below are the final costs to attend summer camp. If you would like to know your specific amount owed please contact Mr. Hartz.
|Registration Type||Cost per Person|
|Adult (Full Week)||$102.60|
|Youth (Full Week)||$420.00|
|Adult (Half Week)||$69.27|
|Youth (Half Week)||$345.00|
* If you are not currently a registered leader with the Pack you will need to add an additional $18.00 to the adult cost. This is to cover the cost of the registration fee with the Boy Scouts of America